Education and outreach is the second pillar in my plan. Many of the citizens of Clarke County don't know who the Sheriff is let alone what the Office of the Sheriff is or does. It is the responsibility of the office to educate the community on who they are and what they do. In order to do that, the Sheriff's Office needs to have additional outreach programs for the citizens of Clarke County.
- Create a regular series of "Meet the Sheriff" events that will go over exactly how the Office of the Sheriff operates.
- Conduct quarterly tours of the Jail that are open to the public.
- Provide additional SafeKids trained deputies for the child seat program.
- Create a program/seminar that talks about teen driving and licensing requirements.
- Review the CCSO Explorer program and partner with the local schools to promote a stronger enrollment.
Conduct annual Town-Hall meetings with the community to update them on Sheriff's Office actions and activities, to help understand the "why".
Partner with Clarke County Animal Services in developing a program that allows inmates to work with and train dogs, and cats, in the jail in order for the animals to become more adoptable, reduce animal euthanization and teach inmates responsibility and compassion.